Friday, September 13, 2013

                              I don't much like Facebook but --------

Facebook never appealed to me but, once in a while I take a look at some of it.
Fracesca ( Frances to me ) seems to be an unbelievably active face booker. I spent
a while looking at some of her stuff.

A couple of items caught my eye. One was a short poem of the modern type ( no ryme or
meter to speak of ) which is not my preference. But yet I found it evocative of feelings
I have felt but have never expressed. Pretty good stuff I admit.

The other item was a picture of  the interior of Frances's yurk (yurt,yuck,whatever)
with someones bottom. But more interestingly, in the photo, a beautiful solid mahogany
table. I wonder if  Frances knows the history of this item. It was hand made ( no power
tools) by her maternal  great grandfather probably around 1945. He decided to have a hobby and chose woodworking. He purchased every known tool and proceeded to
produce this table and two benches. That was the end of his woodworking hobby. I was
pleased to see that the table is still around and in the family. I wonder if the benches are
still with it. That table spent many years in Mexico City in the quaint bar at the beautiful historic home where I spent my youth.


4 comments:

Holly said...

Nice to see you back on the blogroll.

amycue said...

I agree with Holly - nice to have you back!!

Francy-Pants said...

It IS so nice to see you on the blog roll again!

I knew that your father made the table and benches, but I didn't know the whole story. I cannot believe that these are the only objects he ever made- they are so beautiful and well done!

I cherish them as family heirlooms.

Francy-Pants said...

Granddad... no blog posts in 2014!!!????? We want MORE!